Baylor University (Umphrey) (TX)
1114 S. University Parks Drive, 1 BearPlace # 97288 Waco, TX 76798-7288
- Special programs offered to J.D.students The Baylor curriculum isrigorous and unique. Please see adescription atlaw.baylor.edu/curriculum/curriculum.htmlBaylor offers 6 areas of concentration(General Civil Litigation, BusinessLitigation, Criminal Practice, BusinessTransactions, Estate Planning,Administrative Practice), 3 joint degreeprograms (JD/MBA, JD/MTax, and JD/MPPA)and a two-week summer program inGuadalajara, Mexico.
- Tuition Full-time: $36,080 per year
South Texas College of Law (TX)
1303 San Jacinto Street Houston, TX77002-7000
- Special programs offered to J.D.students Development of strong legalskills is important at South Texas, asevidenced by its nationally recognizedAdvocacy Program, and its other threeCenters of Excellence. South Texasoffers numerous off-site clinics,placing students in the real world oflawyering. For students interested inthe increased globalization of law,South Texas offers a wide variety offoreign programs throughout the year.
- Tuition Full-time: $24,900 per year,part-time: $16,860 per year
1 Camino Santa Maria San Antonio, TX78228-8602
- Special programs offered to J.D.students See the School of Law’s websiteat
- Tuition Full-time: $27,275 per year,part-time: $16,675 per year
Texas Southern University (Marshall)(TX)
3100 Cleburne Street Houston, TX 77004
- Special programs offered to J.D.students The law school is proud of itswide array of special programs offeredto the student body. The school offers asuccessful and thriving legal clinicalprogram, The Institute for Internationaland Immigration Law, The Earl CarlInstitute for Legal and Social Policy,The Center for Government Law, andprovides several internship andexternship programs.
- Tuition In-state, full-time: $12,556per year; Out-of-state, full-time:$16,306 per year
1802 Hartford Avenue Lubbock, TX79409-0004
- Special programs offered to J.D.students Clinical Programs: To representclients in real cases through clinicalcourses. Summer Law Institute:Guanajuato, Mexico. Semester Abroad:University of Lyon, Lyon, France;Universidad Pablo de Olavide, Sevilla,Spain; La Trobe Univ., Australia. Ctr.for Military Law and Policy; Ctr. forBiodefense Law and Public Policy; Ctr.for Water Law and Policy.
- Tuition In-state, full-time: $14,120per year; Out-of-state, full-time:$21,312 per year
Texas Wesleyan University (TX)
1515 Commerce Street Fort Worth, TX 76102
- Special programs offered to J.D.students In clinics, students representclients in social security & family lawcases. As externs, students work withpracticing attorneys. In practicums,students learn practical skills such asdrafting & mediation. A summer Art Lawprogram is taught in Santa Fe,NM.Students participate in the InnocenceProject, investigate claims of actualinnocence by prisoners resulting inseveral exonerations.
- Tuition Full-time: $24,660 per year,part-time: $17,690 per year
100 Law Center Houston, TX 77204-6060
- Special programs offered to J.D.students Nationally ranked programsinclude our Health Law & PolicyInstitute and the nation’s largest andmost comprehensive health lawcurriculum; and Institute forIntellectual Property & Information Law.Other top programs include the BlakelyAdvocacy Institute (15 mock trial andmoot court titles since 2004) and theCenter for Consumer Law, whichadministers the Texas Consumer ComplaintCenter.
- Tuition In-state, full-time: $18,447per year, part-time: $9,381 per year;Out-of-state, full-time: $25,977 peryear, part-time: $12,393 per year
University of Texas–Austin (TX)
727 E. Dean Keeton Street Austin, TX78705-3299
- Special programs offered to J.D.students UT Law provides an extensiveclinical education program to helpstudents incorporate law, theory,strategy, and skills in client settings.Internships let students obtain academiccredit working with non-profits, thegovernment, or the court. UT operatescenters, institutes, and scholarprograms and offers a summer academicprogram and study abroad programs.
- Tuition In-state, full-time: $23,427per year; Out-of-state, full-time:$38,697 per year
Related U.S. Schools