Louisiana State University–Baton Rouge (LA)
400 Paul M. Hebert Law Center Baton Rouge, LA 70803
- Special programs offered to J.D. students The LSU Law Center has a summer program in Lyon, France. In Fall 2008, these live client clinics were offered: Domestic Violence; Family Mediation; Juvenile Representation; Immigration. Externships available are the Judicial and Attorney General Externships as well as the opportunity to work with government agencies, local prosecutors and public defenders, and state and federal revenue offices.
- Tuition In-state, full-time: $13,143 per year; Out-of-state, full-time: $23,239 per year
Loyola University New Orleans (LA)
7214 St. Charles Avenue, PO Box 901 New Orleans, LA 70118
- Special programs offered to J.D. students Loyola offers programs in civil and common law; Summer programs in Vienna, Moscow, Budapest, Mexico, Brazil, Costa Rica; Certificate in international legal studies; Joint degrees JD/MBA and JD/MA in several disciplines; Law Clinic students represent clients in civil, criminal and other cases; loan forgiveness for public service employment; Externships with federal and state courts/agencies.
- Tuition Full-time: $32,226 per year, part-time: $21,776 per year
Southern Methodist University (LA)
PO Box 750116 Dallas, TX 75275-0116
- Special programs offered to J.D. students Criminal, Consumer Law, Civil, Child Advocacy, Taxpayers Clinics. Criminal Clinic is joint with the Dallas County DA to provide legal service to indigent individuals. Students choose faculty-approved externship in state and federal courts; local, state, and federal agencies; and various legal departments. There is a 7-week summer session and the Summer Program in Oxford.
- Tuition Full-time: $36,546 per year, part-time: $27,410 per year
Tulane University (LA)
6329 Freret Street, John Giffen Weinmann Hall New Orleans, LA 70118-6231
- Special programs offered to J.D. students Clinics-criminal, civil, environmental, juvenile, domestic violence, legislative, mediation. Centers/Institutes-maritime, comparative, water law. Summer abroad in 5 countries; semester abroad in 9. Externships-federal & state judges, NLRB, public interest. Certificates-environmental law, admiralty, sports law, European legal studies, civil law, int’l/comparative law. Mandatory pro bono program.
- Tuition Full-time: $38,724 per year