DePaul University (IL)
25 E. Jackson Boulevard Chicago, IL 60604
- Special programs offered to J.D. students DePaul is home to 15 academic research centers and institutes that focus on major legal issues of national and international scope. Additionally, DePaul offers 8 legal clinics, 10 certificate programs, 5 joint degree programs and 5 study abroad programs.
- Tuition Full-time: $35,500 per year, part-time: $23,150 per year
Illinois Institute of Technology (Chicago-Kent) (IL)
565 W. Adams Street Chicago, IL 60661-3691
- Special programs offered to J.D. students Clinical: Criminal, Employment, Family, Health/Disability, IP, Immigration, Low Inc Taxpayer, Meditation/ADR, Legal and Judicial Externships. Certificates: IP, Criminal Litigation, Labor/Empl, Intl/Comparative, Environmental, Public Int, Litigation/ADR. Centers/Institutes: Global Law & Policy, Law & Human, Law & Workplace, Science, Law/Tech, Biotech/Human Future. Study abroad: London.
- Tuition Full-time: $35,741 per year, part-time: $26,143 per year
315 S. Plymouth Court Chicago, IL 60604
- Special programs offered to J.D. students We offer the nation’s only Fair Housing Legal Clinic (2008 marks its 15th year); a Veterans Legal Support Clinic; 17 externship programs (some in Washington, DC) in areas like tax, real estate, and immigration, with placements in enforcement agencies, public defender offices, and local government; a Czech student exchange; a summer program in China; and joint JD/LLM degrees in six specialty areas.
- Tuition Full-time: $33,980 per year, part-time: $24,300 per year
Loyola University Chicago (IL)
25 E. Pearson Street Chicago, IL 60611
- Special programs offered to J.D. students Loyola’s clinics include the Community Law Center, ChildLaw Clinic, Tax Clinic, Business Law Clinic and ElderLaw Clinic. Centers of excellence include the Beazley Health Law Institute, Civitas ChildLaw Center, Advocacy Center and the Institute for Consumer Antitrust Studies. Annual overseas programs include Rome; Strasbourg; Oxford, London and Santiago, Chile.
- Tuition Full-time: $35,334 per year, part-time: $26,634 per year
Northern Illinois University (IL)
Swen Parson Hall, Room 276 De Kalb, IL 60115
- Special programs offered to J.D. students Students who have been exposed to the fundamentals of legal practice in the simulation courses have the opportunity in the Clinical Experiences to refine their practice skills and begin the transition from classroom to practice. The College of Law offers one international program — located in Agen, France — as well as a selection of upper-level courses during the summer.
- Tuition In-state, full-time: $13,984 per year, part-time: $550 per credit; Out-of-state, full-time: $25,576 per year, part-time: $1,033 per credit
357 E. Chicago Avenue Chicago, IL 60611
- Special programs offered to J.D. students We offer a three-year JD and a two-year, Accelerated JD. Both provide traditional core courses and emphasize communication and teamwork. Students can focus on theory and research in our academic training programs, work on cases in the Bluhm Legal Clinic, explore different legal systems through International Team Projects, or cross-train in business in classes at the Kellogg School of Management.
- Tuition Full-time: $45,332 per year
Southern Illinois University–Carbondale (IL)
Lesar Law Building Carbondale, IL 62901
- Special programs offered to J.D. students Two in-house clinics: civil practice/elder law, and domestic violence. Externships in public interest and judicial offices (legal services, prosecutors, public defenders, judges, local and state agencies). Other programs: Center for Health Law and Policy, and the Self Help Legal Center.
- Tuition In-state, full-time: $13,038 per year; Out-of-state, full-time: $31,332 per year
1111 E. 60th Street Chicago, IL 60637
- Special programs offered to J.D. students The Chicago Policy Initiatives encourage faculty and students to explore social problems and propose solutions. Most recent initiatives include a published protocol for foster care and the creation of a wiki on climate change. Centers include Comparative Constitutionalism and the Olin Program in Law and Economics. The Mandel Legal Aid Clinic provides assistance to people in Chicago.
- Tuition Full-time: $41,835 per year
University of Illinois–Urbana-Champaign (IL)
504 E. Pennsylvania Avenue Champaign, IL 61820
- Special programs offered to J.D. students The College of Law offers multiple courses in topics ranging from traditional to practical with clinics and very robust externship, trial advocacy and experiential programs. Around 85 of the upper-level courses had an enrollment of less than 25 students. There are also study abroad options. Finally, students may pursue multidisciplinary study with cross-listed courses and joint degree programs.
- Tuition In-state, full-time: $31,262 per year; Out-of-state, full-time: $39,262 per year