Atlanta’s John Marshall Law School (GA)
1422 W. Peachtree Street, NW Atlanta, GA 30309
- Special programs offered to J.D. students Through the Externship Program, students who have completed 59 hours my be eligible to practice law under the supervision of a licensed attorney in a government, public service or not-for-profit organization. Full-time students may and part-time students must register for elective classes in the Summer Semester. The Career Development Office also assists students in obtaining internships.
- Tuition Full-time: $976 per credit, part-time: $976 per credit
Emory University (GA)
1301 Clifton Road Atlanta, GA 30322-2770
- Special programs offered to J.D. students Interdisciplinary programs of study; Centers of Excellence in Law and Religion; International Law; Feminist Jurisprudence; Health Law; Trial Techniques program; Extensive Field Placement program; Clinics-Barton Child Law and Policy; Juvenile Defender; Indigent Criminal Defense; Turner Environmental Law Clinic; TI:GER program of technology and business law co-sponsored by Emory and Georgia Tech.
- Tuition Full-time: $39,776 per year
PO Box 4049 Atlanta, GA 30302-4049
- Special programs offered to J.D. students The College of Law offers several special programs including: an Externship Program; 5 joint degree programs; the Consortium on Negotiation and Conflict Resolution, three international programs; two accredited foreign law programs; Trial Advocacy Program; Litigation Workshop; national mock trial competitions; Appellate Advocacy Program; Moot Court; and a Legislation Clinic and Practicum.
- Tuition In-state, full-time: $10,674 per year, part-time: $8,334 per year; Out-of-state, full-time: $30,330 per year, part-time: $23,076 per year
Mercer University (GA)
1021 Georgia Avenue Macon, GA 31207-0001
- Special programs offered to J.D. students Mercer, home of the Legal Writing Institute, is the only school that offers a Legal Writing Certificate. The School also hosts the Mercer Center for Legal Ethics and Professionalism and in fall 2006, the University instituted a new Law and Public Service Program to promote volunteerism and attention to public interest law.
- Tuition Full-time: $33,190 per year
Herty Drive Athens, GA 30602
- Special programs offered to J.D. students Georgia Law operates 9 clinics. Georgia is part of a spring term overseas (a joint program with Ohio State at Oxford University, England). Summer programs are held in China and Brussels, Belgium. Overseas internships in law firms and government agencies also provide a chance for international experience.
- Tuition In-state, full-time: $13,090 per year; Out-of-state, full-time: $29,940 per year